Saturday, October 29, 2011

Alaska and the Arkansas River




Although it has been a spectacularly beautiful day today, it seems to be a somewhat blue day for me.
Nothing is wrong except I feel a little lazy. Therefore, my post will be brief and not at all like my usual Nana's Memories. I want you to see a few pictures of the fall colors here in Arkansas. We are just now beginning to have cooler temperatures and have had some nice rain showers adding to the changing scenery. The Arkansas River Revival Flotilla has been in our area this past week commemorating the 40th anniversary of the Kerr-McClellan Navigational System along the Arkansas River where these pictures were taken. I saw the first pelican of the season today. They winter here on the river. I'm not sure where they are on holiday from.








 
As further evidence of my laziness, I am going to show a video my cousin in Alaska has posted. His mother is one of my dear Aunts whose story is somewhat like my Mother's Whither Thou Goest one. A move to the far off state of Alaska took her away from her family here but allowed her to remain with the love her life. They have since moved home but a love for the Great North remained with her children where they now live in North Pole. I really didn't know North Pole existed as an actual town. I thought it was a fictional storybook place. Not only is it real but it is really beautiful as evidenced in these pictures. Love to all who reads this.




3 comments:

  1. I love Autumn, and I enjoyed your lovely photos and the video so very much. It is very nice to meet you and visit your blog. Wishing you a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Beautiful photos & gorgeous images of Alaska, too. So beautiful the eye of the photographer! Hubby enjoyed Alaska as he had lived in Kodiak. TYSM for sharing.

    Have a lovely weekend.
    BOO-T-ful Halloween wishes ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I guess the sunsets and sunrises are just more visible over the river. Here, there are too many trees and outbuildings.

    ReplyDelete