God's Design





CAN YOU FIND THE DEER?

I awoke early this morning to prepare for a breakfast with family and to watch the Arkansas River Flotilla go upriver toward Ozark. I rarely have time in the mornings to look outside but this morning I saw a deer just steps from my bedroom door. Although deer are not uncommon in our yard, it is unusual to see them this close. I could hardly see her in the early morning dawn.




CAN YOU FIND THE PREYING MANTIS?


We enjoyed a nice breakfast and get together with two of my aunts and an uncle on the back porch. Before we finished eating, this little guy was climbing up Auntie's arm. She shrieked and knocked it off into the grass. Aren't they perfectly camouflaged?




WHAT ABOUT THIS PREYING MANTIS?


Apparently these "walking sticks" have infested my back porch. And as demonstrated in yesterday's post Spider Webs, spiders have taken over as well. They are all pretty creepy looking but I think I will wait to exterminate until after Halloween. If they will stay outside, I may just live and let live.




COUNT THE LEGS ON THE GRANDADDY LONG LEGS


This picture of my only grandson with a seven legged arachnid was taken from our back porch last fall. While having breakfast this morning I noticed he was back and climbing the wall near the window. Hubby tried to scoot it closer to the screen so I could take another picture when another leg fell off!!!! (Not hubby's leg - he still has two.) Poor thing is limping around on six legs. (Again, not hubby - he still has only two.)







Comments

  1. We have signs of a deer,there is a persimmon tree and we have tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That Granddaddy Long-legs is a bit creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Uncle Morrice Dean

Remembering Grandma on Mother's Day