I'm not sure how CBS is ever going to find me way down here in Arkansas but I could be their next Andy Rooney.
I will list the attributes we share.
- Andy was an American journalist. I am an American and I have a blog.
- Andy was a war correspondent. A correspondent is one who communicates by letters. My post about war veterans had a lot of letters in it.
- Andy wrote short commentaries sitting behind a walnut desk. Although the desk I had in the Clarksville unit was metal, it had a simulated walnut veneer top.
- Andy's eyebrows were grey and bushy. I have three eyebrow hairs (on the same eyebrow) that are extremely long and grey.
- Andy was often called grumpy or blunt. My middle name is Grumpy - from the Blunt side of my family.
- Andy once said that the pencil that comes in an expensive pen and pencil set is never satisfactory. You have to be able to sharpen a pencil. Note the picture of my many sharpened pencils.
- Andy remarked on trivial, everyday items. You can't get more trivial than pencils.
I hope they let me record from my home. I'm not sure I will like living in New York City.
*Disclaimer* The picture of the pencils was taken at 3:28 PM while I was still on my afternoon break.