Knoxville Friendship Quilt




I am blessed to have the quilt my hubby used as a child. I believe it is called a friendship quilt because it has the names of friends from the Knoxville community embroidered on each block. Although I recognize all the names, I did not know all of these friends.



















This the one my mother in law did. I need to get
her to re-do the last part of her name.
This is where my step mother's name should be. Do you remember me telling you my step mother and mother in law are sisters? They were always together and I don't know why Sue didn't quilt a block?









Comments

  1. What a wonderful treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous quilt! There's nothing like an old quilt to fill one with love and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is just priceless. So glad it has been well taken care of : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasured that quilt is!!! You rarely see those friendship quilts 'round today.

    I am blessed with quilts my great~grandmothers made. One maternal and one paternal.

    God bless ya and have a marvelous weekend sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely - what a treasure - so beautiful :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love old friendship quilts! Even if they're tattered they still hold so much history. By the way, I did a post on friendship quilts several months ago. Maybe you'd like to view it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a true treasure. I am so fortunate to have several vintage family quilts, and I do have one friendship quilt made for my Grandmother that I made a square for before I ever started really quilting and before I knew anything really about the process. I hope you'll check out my quilting blog some time when you have a an extra few minutes. Loved seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. Saying a prayer for comfort and peace. The quilt is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so glad I follow you! I love your precious words of wisdom and love!

    XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Uncle Morrice Dean

Happy Mothers Day