My Blogging Friends

By the time I finish this post, it will be 2012. I have spent a good part of this New Year's Eve reading posts from the blogs I follow. Although I do not always know where you live, I do love to read of your everyday goings-on. I find them all so interesting while at the same time all so different.

So many of my favorite blogs seem to involve chickens. I guess it is a little late for us to begin raising chickens as we left the farm we had lived on for forty years for a place closer to town. But it would be nice to see the chickens scratching around outside. Aren't they supposed to be good for keeping down the tick population? But aren't they also a little silly? They might get loose and get hit by the trains that come roaring past the house. And too, I would  have to think of names for them all. I will just read about your chickens.

I love to see all the photos of the gardens and canning you do. We did put in gardens at the old place. A few gardens were so large I thought I would never finish putting up green beans and tomatoes. We had a neighbor that would bring us his over ripe peaches. They made the best peach butter. My attempt at a garden down here did not go well. I am blaming the drought. It is ironic that there used to be rich bottom land just across the railroad tracks. The Corps of Engineers flooded it all to build Lake Dardanelle. It does make for a pretty view though. Well, y'all just keep posting those pretty pictures of potatoes, pickles, and corn.

I have really enjoyed seeing how you all decorated for the holidays. Everyone's homes were so pretty and the decorations were very inventive. Alas, I have not one creative bone in my body and have to hire someone to do all my decorating. I do want to see all of your projects though and will try not to be too envious.

You all seem to have pets. Their personalities shine through in all your snapshots of them. Most of you have cats - and pugs. No pets for us here due to the aforementioned trains.

Oh yeah, I really like to see the nice photographs you post. So many of them look professional. The scenery surrounding you is spectacular and makes me aware of how beautiful our world is. I too am surrounded by beauty but do not own a camera that will capture it. Until I decide to spend the money on one, I will enjoy your photos.

I did take this picture Labor Day 2010. You don't see a
lot of sailboats on the Arkansas River.

Seriously, what I love to read the most is about your kids, your grandchildren, your spouses, where you went on vacation, what you ate at the new restaurant, the rainy weather, the pretty birds you are watching, the flea market finds, the good books you read, that your health is improving....your life in general. Thank you all for sharing.


Comments

  1. Those are all the things that interest me too - so let's keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to have met you through blogging. Wishing you a blessed 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging communities are so interesting aren't they? You just never know what's going to happen on any given day.

    Happy New Year to you and yours -- xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging really does help us to see the world!
    I too enjoy getting to know people through their blogs and yours has been a very interesting blog to discover.
    Many thanks for stopping by in Normandy so often, who knows maybe one day you really will come knocking on my door?
    Wouldn't that be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...I loved this post! What a great idea, mentioning all the different things you love about people's blogs. Yours is one of the only ones I follow that tells great stories of childhood, and as you are a talented storyteller, with some great memories to share, I find your blog very enjoyable! I too love the photography blogs, the gardening, pets and grandkids blogs, the vacations and home improvements and decorations, and well, just the details of each everyday life. We are all unique, and we all live in different parts of the country (or world) and we all love to blog and share. How nice of you to say as much! It was sweet to see it written here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I too want chickens....but with 3 dogs, 4 kids, random snakes, and wayward cats, I thought it best not to get some. But if they keep down the tick population....
    Wishing you blessings and peace this 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words are beautiful and obviously so heartfelt! I totally feel blessed to have a bloggy friend like you! Thanks for caring about what's going on in my life and my family's life! Thanks for leaving me sweet notes often! And I totally look forward to sharing more with each other in the year to come!!! Happy 2012!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for reading my spot! i don't have kids, don't vacation, don't decorate, don't have chickens. i do post photos, though, and a lot of them are birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nan re your comment mum always wears flowers in her hair lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that you enjoy hearing about the daily grind of our blogs. I haven't posted much about my family lately much to their relief but I will try... for you!! Have a blessed day. I enjoy reading what you are doing too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Uncle Morrice Dean

Happy Mothers Day