They Called Him Leon



This is the only picture I have of Daddy as a boy. Although the picture is not dated, I think he looks eight or nine years old. I do not remember anyone saying how he got the middle name of Leon. I have always liked it though. Grandma and Grandpa called him Leon. When he got to be a teenager, the kids started calling him Prof. Although he was always very smart, he was never a professor. My aunts say they dreaded hearing Grandma tell them to wake their brother. They stood behind the door when they did because he would throw a shoe at them.





This is Grandma's handwriting on the back. It says the picture was made when we lived on Hill Street. Grandma gave this picture to me because she wanted to make sure I had one of my Daddy. I am so glad.

Comments

  1. What a treasure to have, & sweet memories to share ... love vintage pictures of family.
    Have a lovely day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that picture!
    How wonderful to have such a sweet picture of your dad, and to have your grandmothers writing too.
    Very special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure this photo is. Thank you for sharing and I love the memories they shared with you. So cute about the shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you cried when you got your hair fixed too!
    I love the two birthday post, thanks for sharing memories of your childhood, not much diffident then mine. I had a little brother and a older sister and I sure loved my grandmother and big daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful picture! I have only ONE picture of my dad as a child... his family and my mom's did not take pictures. I have the one of the whole family together, when Dad was about 6. I'm sure this one is precious to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful picture! We have a similar one of my husband. We are so happy to have it. He's beyond a re-take. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Uncle Morrice Dean

Happy Mothers Day